Caring for our people's well-being during COVID-19 Outbreak
With the emerging situation around the outbreak of COVID-19 Coronavirus, Diona is actively monitoring advice from relevant authorities and taking steps to ensure our people and our clients are supported. The health, safety and well-being of our people, our clients and the community is our top priority. As the situation changes, we will proactively respond in an informed, sensible and balanced way.
In the short-term, Diona has made the following changes to minimise risk and ensure continuity of operations:
- Executive Leadership: Our Executive Leadership Team are currently meeting daily to respond appropriately to this fluid and changing situation. Now more than ever, we are guided by one of our core values; We Care for People’s Well-being. As such, the safety of our people, our clients and the extended community is at the forefront of our minds. Our extended leadership team across Australia has a weekly meeting scheduled and staff and site teams are regularly updated on our business’ response.
- Self-isolation/quarantine: All employees returning from overseas travel must follow government advice and will required to isolate for 14-days. In addition, they may also be required to self-isolate for a further 14 days on return to their home state/region. Employees who have been in close contact with someone who has recently returned from travelling overseas and are displaying symptoms, are requested not attend work (or work from home if their role allows), and seek medical attention and follow all medical advice.
- Staff register: We are maintaining a register of all employees who are self-isolating or under quarantine to ensure return to work is actively monitored and managed.
- Working from home: Diona’s Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide offices are transitioning to a virtual workplace environment with those staff that can, now working from home. With office staff numbers reduced, our teams are being vigilant practising social distancing.
- Project Sites: All Project Sites remain open. Increased protective measures have been introduced and our teams are following the hygiene, cleanliness and social distancing guidelines from authorities. We are working closely with our clients to monitor the situation daily and are agile and ready to respond to any changes.
- Meetings: Client and team meetings are being conducted via phone or video conference rather than in-person. Site personnel are asked to hold team meetings outdoors and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Travel for work: All travel is now suspended.
- Visitors/Suppliers (deliveries): All client meetings are taking place via phone or video conference where possible. Visitors to our project sites have been restricted to business critical only and must phone in advance to gain site access. All suppliers are asked to please ensure that they abide by the social distancing guidelines when delivering supplies.
- Contractors: We are working closely with our contractors to ensure they are adhering to government advice. We have asked our contractors to advise if their team members have travelled overseas and to follow isolation procedures.
- Hygiene and social contact: All of our sites have conducted increased awareness on personal hygiene sessions. We are all practising social distancing as standard protocol.
- Resources and Information: An internal resource center has been created via our employee intranet to help keep our people informed with the most up to date information about COVID-19 along with tips and support for working from home or on site, looking after their well-being and much more.
- Increased Employee Communications: Via internal social media, live broadcast channels, SMS and emails, we are communicating with our teams regularly.
- Mental Well-being: We acknowledge the current situation has caused increased anxiety for many people. All of our people and their families have access to free support services via our employee assistance program.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time. If you have any questions, please visit our contacts page to get in touch with a local Diona office.
Updated: 30 March 2020